Might and Magic Tribute
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Furry help

4 posters

Go down

Furry help Empty Furry help

Post  Panda Tar Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:08 pm

Hello there, you all. Very Happy

I've come for asomath's invitation in RT, for artwork mostly, given that I suck at programming. I've told him already that my time is currently a bit unstable, so I cannot promise that I can help full-time, but I think it won't hurt to try a little help whenever I can.

I'll be focusing my first efforst on this:
He is a S.H.E.L.T.E.M. unit that has malfunctioned due to magical influence, and believes that his cover story as Thelmes is real.
For him I'm thinking a large adventurers cloak/robe, with him wielding a magicial staff with the Seer's symbolic eye incorporated into the staff's headpiece. The rest is up to your imagination.

General views on me, just to show that I'm human:
28-y Brazilian, Art Director which works mainly with Publishing, Company Identity, Logos, Stationery. I'm also an amateur writer (soon to finish a book and I hope I can really make some profit from it) and an amateur bodybuilder.

I hope you guys can find people to help further and faster with this project. It's not up to the big companies whether to say we must have fun or not. If you guys want to create a game from fans to fans, you're most welcome to do so, even if those big guys don't think another MM project should come.

Hum...where should I start reading at that Wiki? Any directions?
Panda Tar
Panda Tar
Spectator
Spectator

http://www.celestialheavens.com

Back to top Go down

Furry help Empty Re: Furry help

Post  schveider Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:27 pm

Hi Panda Tar, thanks you have joined us.Since Sheltem's artwork was done already I would ask you to rather make concept of goblins - Jungle Goblin, Tribal Goblin and Goblin Shaman.These are the most important for us because they appear in the first location of the game.Some clues: they live in tropical forest, some even in ruins, their body should be adapted to move in this environment.

It depends which wiki do you think.If it is google code wiki then I think you would only waste your time since there is no info about making concept art only few clues what needs to be done for UI.CastleGobs wiki contains more information but I think even this wouldn't be of any use for you.However if you are going to make design of creatures you might find usefull information about areas in which those creatures resides.http://www.castlegobs.nl/wiki/index.php?title=Monster

schveider
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  asomath Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:05 pm

schveider wrote:Hi Panda Tar, thanks you have joined us.Since Sheltem's artwork was done already I would ask you to rather make concept of goblins - Jungle Goblin, Tribal Goblin and Goblin Shaman.These are the most important for us because they appear in the first location of the game.Some clues: they live in tropical forest, some even in ruins, their body should be adapted to move in this environment.

It depends which wiki do you think.If it is google code wiki then I think you would only waste your time since there is no info about making concept art only few clues what needs to be done for UI.CastleGobs wiki contains more information but I think even this wouldn't be of any use for you.However if you are going to make design of creatures you might find usefull information about areas in which those creatures resides.http://www.castlegobs.nl/wiki/index.php?title=Monster

Haha we already have Thelmes art on file? We should collect all the pieces and put them in a folder on the repository.

But yeah, follow Schveiders direction. He's been a member for 4x longer than I have Smile I agree though, it might help inspire the design of the character if you read up on the areas and information.

~Asomath
asomath
asomath

Back to top Go down

Post  Akkarin Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:22 pm

Hello Panda Tar,

welcome to MMTribute Smile

It's good to have you on the team. Your help is appreciated and it's no big deal if you don't always have time to work on the project.

Akkarin

Akkarin
Team Recruit
Team Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  schveider Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:34 pm

We already have some concepts.But only those who have official developer status have pass.However I'm not sure if I'm allowed to upload it on google code since all contributors provided their works under special lincense specific for this project and google code everything on google code is under GPLv3.Despite this special license sounds like Creative Commons BY-SA

schveider
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tar Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:59 pm

Thank you guys for the welcome. Smile

But my question regarding Wiki was about the storyline and MMTribute, so I get to know the game and how to proceed. Very Happy I asked that because I didn't know what SHELTEM was or how the idea behind the hero pointed to be drawn. I almost thought he was a robot, so before doing anything silly, I thought better to read wiki info first.

Anyway, now that's another task. Goblins, uh? Given this new environment, I shall completely erase any MM7 conception I have in mind of goblins. FYI, MM7 is the only MM I played. About Goblin Shamans, why are they called like this? Do they have a ranged attack or cast spell or it's just like a "tribe" title they got, like they are the stronger of their kind?

The artwork I'll make is with them posing. If it happens that you need a sketch of something on their clothing or weaponry, let me know, so I do something like this (not that good, but I'm a fair illustrator myself Wink I'm not used to digital colouring either, so in a first moment, they would come just as pencil artwork. I can practice colouring of course, if I get the time):

Furry help Gnoll

We already have some concepts. But only those who have official developer status have pass.
Oh, I don't understand what you're saying here. How do we help then? Can I draw the Goblins? Suspect
Panda Tar
Panda Tar
Spectator
Spectator

Back to top Go down

Post  asomath Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:04 pm

Oh ok, makes sense. I never had access to that forum. Could you possibly e-mail them to me then or upload them to these forums?

He meant that on the old castlegobs forums, they were uploaded under private developer threads. As in, someone who did not have developer access (like me) on Castlegobs, could not see the uploaded concepts.

~Asomath
asomath
asomath

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tar Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:19 pm

So I believe I shall wait you guys gather info of what's already done before doing anything else, I suppose?
Panda Tar
Panda Tar
Spectator
Spectator

Back to top Go down

Post  asomath Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:20 am

Well, Schveider had Developer status, so he's got the proper information on what we have vs. what we dont. So you should be OK to continue Very Happy

~Asomath
asomath
asomath

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tar Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:58 am

If Schveider would be so kind to point out what has to be done when possible, that'd be great. Anyway, I'll sketch something up. Smile

Take care.
Panda Tar
Panda Tar
Spectator
Spectator

Back to top Go down

Post  schveider Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:41 am

here are some of concepts http://www.mediafire.com/?2ahq51c21dfml60
I hope these concepts help you to imagine which kind of design we want (especially not fairy tale).
As I said before it needs to be done concept for goblins.

schveider
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tar Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:53 am

Thanks. That will do for a start, I hope.
Panda Tar
Panda Tar
Spectator
Spectator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum